'Masters of Sex' Review (TV Series, 2013)


Hmmm... I was really intrigued, when I saw the poster/description of the 'Masters of Sex' for the first time.
Few words about the scenario: the story based on the book 'Masters of Sex', written by Thomas Meier. The book is based on a true story of William Masters and Virginia Johnson, two scientists and their huge research about human sexuality. Meier's 'Masters of Sex' is available to buy and read on Amazon | iTunes.


First of all  I like the epoch of 50's-60's, second of all - the topic of the series is super spicy ;), and of course for me, as for the young scientist (ha-ha;), it's very good to be curious. Especially, when I knew only about the research, that Alfred Kinsey had done, before Masters and Johnson.


But where was I... Oh yes.. The 'Masters of Sex'. To be true with you, my dear reader, I was a bit bored already on the first episode. And it's very hard to explain why. I like the cast, costumes, dialogues are good... Of course there's a lot of scenes, that keep you awake:) But still - I was bored.


I understood, that in the 'Masters of Sex' witty, ingenious humor is missing. That, personally for me, it's not enough to show few naked scenes and few funny scenes to make me interested in a film/TV series for 100%.




Anyway, I don't want to look like a typical snob, that is always very picky to details, but I just can't say that I like or dislike this series. It's like to eat dried fruits, when you want a cake: it's not so bad, but you feel nothing. 
I will continue to watch the 'Masters of Sex', I hope in some future episode it will be more interesting, especially that the story of Masters and Johnson is very unusual :).

And what do you think? I really need to hear some comments from you! 






Besides, here's a real photo of Masters-Johnson duet:

Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. I am for sure returning again for more contents of yours. Full episodes

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment