It's ok..to be Gay!:)

Two days ago my friend and I had a super gay film evening: as a "first dish" we watched "Behind the Candelabra" by Steven Sodebergh and as a second - "I Love You Phillip Morris" by Glenn Ficarra and John Requa. So, prepare yourself, because today we have a double fabulous celebration in Films & Pies!

                      

"Too much of a good thing is wonderful!"
"Behind the Candelabra"(2013)


This is one of the films I've been waiting very much this year! Usually I don't judge and do not expect too much from films, when I watch trailers or teasers, but in the case of "Behind..." I had a feeling, that it's gonna be a great film!
And it definitely is!


"Behind the Candelabra" is from that kind of films, which have your attention already from the very beginning. Even from that moment, when you see HBO clip  - it's a very good sign! 
First I want to applause with whistling to spectacular, absolutely gorgeous and fantastic Michael Douglas play! I think even Liberace would be confused, who's genuine: he or Douglas.
Matt Damon is also very good! He looks like naive, innocent country boy, when you first see him. And this is really touching:)


Even if in "Behind..." there's only two main characters (but how great they are!!), I have to say about great roles of Scott Bacula, Dan Aycroyd, Rob Lowe and others. Personally I just adore very short moment with Cheyenne Jackson:



The soundtrack is really good (everyone would like Douglas-Liberace piano play:), the picture in dynamical, hilarious, full of surprises, sad situations and sparkling costumes. 
Oh, and don't forget about candelabras:)

Conclusion: must see! One of the best films this year, one of the best Michael Douglas role, great screenplay, everything is just..won-der-ful!!
10/10





I have to confess that I just adore Ewan (can I please call him just Ewan?!:) McGregor. And I'm pretty sure, that it's not so easy to find someone, who can be as hilarious as Jim Carrey (who can be also very and very serious). So when two great actors meet in one film - usually the film has to be great. 
It's also harder to make people laugh, than to make them cry, but "I love You..." is a very nice comedy, full of great jokes and sooo akward, but soooo funny moments:)



And look how sweet Ewan is:

 

Very good script, and you will love (and in the middle of the film even sing or dance) the main music theme. It's also very good, I think.


Good (and for my opinion a bit underrated) comedy about true love, small manual about financial speculations, also few ideas how to escape from the prison:)

Highly recommend to watch!
8/10

Post a Comment

0 Comments