Little Thanksgiving Day Experiment: Caramelized Baked Pumpkin


Greetings:) This week US celebrates Thanksgiving Day. Of course for me, resident of a very distant country, this celebration is full of some mysteries and questions, and all I know about it I took from films or books.  This year I decided to try some dishes from the Thanksgiving Day table. For me, cooking the whole turkey is too much, but as I know pumpkin is a welcome ingredient on a table:) So I decided to make a caramelized pumpkin, pumpkin pie and pumpkin cream. 

And today it's 1 and we learn how to cook caramelized baked pumpkin. This is a recipe for a super lazy people: easy, quick and serves immediately.

What we need?

250 g pumpkin (or more)
15 g butter
15 g sugar 
salt
freshly ground black pepper

Preparation time

the whole preparation time takes ~35 minutes

Cut the pumpkin into cubes.




Melt the butter in a pan, add pumpkin. Stir it good until pumpkin cubes will be coated in butter.


Sprinkle with salt, sugar and pepper. Put it into preheated to 240°C (475°F) oven and bake it for 15 minutes. Than reduce the heat to 220°C (425°F) and keep it baking for 10-15 more minutes, until pumpkin is soft. 


That's it! Tastes good and sweet. I added grated walnuts on it, because I realized that I like how pumpkin smells more than it tastes. And for me everything's good with walnuts:))
Recipe taken from the gorgeous Farmhouse Cookbook.



Caramelized pumpkin tastes good with pastries, separate or with a sweet rice for example.


Post a Comment

0 Comments