Late Winter Post

I am total 'summer person'. Every year I ignore winter until the last day without snow and snowflakes fascinate me only because of their fantastic symmetry. I prefer shorts and light dresses instead of warm massive sweaters, and I really don't like to feel myself like a huge cabbage wearing all that 101 layer of clothes.
There are few things which I'm doing right now or would like to feed my 'spring will be soon! 'hope. Here's few of them: 

1. Reading encouraging and inspiring literature and fairy tales.

I fell in love with R.J. Palacio's book 'Wonder', a story about one very special kid. I'm reading it very slowly because this book is like an awesome cake: you want to eat it all, but in this case, it will be one-day-pleasure. Very touching, funny, warm and honest book. Highly recommend reading for everyone!



2. Plants.
A few years ago I tried to plant some tulips and crocuses in a middle of winter. Because of high humidity and without sunlight I got few weak plants, but it was a big miracle to see how those little green fellows trying to grow. This time I'll try to grow little merry berry bonsai. I have no idea will it work or not, but process fascinates me.


3. Touching my sweet memories. 
The truth, my dear reader, it that I'm a bit, sentimental person. I don't remember when I exactly started to collect little things. I'm like an extra light version of  Jonathan from 'Everything is Illuminated': I collect things, which are strongly connected to some moments from my life (travel and cinema tickets, postcards, little presents etc.). I got this gorgeous box with Elvis Presley as a gift and it became my memories box. In the winter time, I like to open the box, review my small treasures, keep them in hands for a while. Yes, I'm an anonymous fetishist;)






As my Elvis box is absolutely full, last year I got these sweet boxes from my bf. Love them!


One of my treasures. Adore this collages!


4. Lomography?!
I bought my Holga before Instagram was cool and popular. This birdy camera was my companion in lots of travelings, I couldn't imagine my going out without it for the first time. Yesterday I collected all my films into one impressive bobbin. I wonder how many meters of film I spent on Lomography. 
Unfortunately one day it becomes too expensive for me. Photo salons in my city totally suck and after tons of spoiled films I lost my inspiration and my Holga found her place not in my bag, but on a shelf. 
But a few days ago I decided to get back to it when spring comes. For now, my candy cam is just a nice room decoration, and she (has a name, so it's 'she'!) definitely makes my winter brighter.


Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. Anonymous1/31/2014

    Verz great stuff! Felt in love with boxes!Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment