The Hunt (Jagten, 2013)


Every Sunday I write about films that are good to watch in the evening, with a glass of milk (tomorrow's Monday, remember?:). Mostly those films are simple, good-old and easy to watch. Today I will tell you (and show some captured moments) about the thought-provoking film, which I recommend to watch no matter what day it is...
I found 'The Hunt' as a nominee in the Academy award list. This film was in the 'Best Foreign Language Film' category and after five minutes of browsing, I read a lot of very nice and positive comments about this Danish film.
And here's something I want to say about it...


'The Hunt' tells us a sad story of Lucas (played by beautiful Mads Mikkelsen), who just started a new life after painful divorce. He works in a kindergarten, and children love to play with him. Lucas is kind, careful and attentive.
Once, a little girl from the kindergarten came to the principal and lied about Lucas and what he did...
After this, for Lucas life will never be the same...


This film is a disturbing story about losing trust, collective hysteria and cruelty. It's about how gossiping can ruin someone's life, how stupid and bestial people can be when their brains are full of poisoning anger.


'The Hunt' is a very provocative film. Because every parent's place could be anyone from us. It shows us how blind and irrational people can be when the story touches their kids. But people are also deaf, because they never listen to their kids, and some of them have no idea what's happening in heads of those little fellows. That's why it's so easy to put all responsibility on someone else, someone good.


'The Hunt' (besides, I really think that the title is perfect) is also about love, faith and growing up. I really like Marcus, the son of Lucas, who has a brave and loving heart.


It's a film about one man trying to keep his dignity and live normally in a horrible time.
Somehow 'The Hunt' reminds me 'Dogville', and I think it's because that small Danish town, just like Dogville, is more real than we think...



I highly recommend watching this film.
8/10





Post a Comment

0 Comments