So, let's go!
'Good Old-Fashioned Puddings' text and recipes by Sara Paston-Williams
I'm totally in love with it. First of all it's the 'National Trust Books' copy and it means, that it just has to be a fabulous recipe-book. I already got the 'The National Trust Farmhouse Cookbook' about which I wrote hear. And I used a basic recipe from the 'Good Old-Fashioned Puddings' to make a delicious lemon meringue pie. The publishers should also sell 'How To Loose Your Weight' book with this one in set!
Great pictures, yummy recipes..Oh, dear!
The next book is - 'Indian Vegetarian Cookery' by Jack Santa Maria (strange last name, ha?:)
Dreams comes true! Maybe for some of you it's strange, but I have never-ever tried traditional Indian food. My stomach is a chicken curry virgin! But thankfully my best friend found this great cookbook for me:) The book is vintage (first time published in 1973, but I have 1982 edition), written really good and makes me feel hungry.
'Healthy Eating Cookbook' written by Anne D. Ager
It's also an 'old edition' book (published in 1986) and I truly love it. First of all I just adore how the book is designed and how great photos are! I can just sit and loo on the photos, without reading recipes and have a pleasure from just a simple observing. Recipes are various, some of them are easy, some of them very unusual, some - need some 'not-so-easy-to-find' ingredients. I'm confused what to choose like a first dish from the book.
'Is It Just Me?' be Miranda Hart.
When I discovered 'Miranda' TV series, about an owner of a jokes shop, who's super tall and awkward, has a strange mother, tiny best friend, has a crush on her school friend and at the same time stays a 35 years old woman and child inside, I said 'that is my piece of cake!!'. Miranda Hart became a big inspiration for me to stay a child sometimes and son't be afraid of it.
The book is hilarious! Even biography of the author, written by Miranda is just super funny. Here's few sentences from the biography: 'Miranda Hart could have been a top model or Olympic athlete but at an early age decided to turn her back on these natural gifts...She is one of the most beautiful actresses to ever grace the screen. George Clooney has cast her as his next leading lady...The book is her first, but probably the best book ever written'.
Strongly recommend!
And the last one...Great book which I really needed on my studies in a university.
'The Elizabeth Renaissance: The Cultural Achievement' by A. L. Rowse.
It's the second part in a set. Veeery interesting and informative, written good, fascinates me! The book has only few pages of different pictures, but the text is so good, that you don't need ones. I have a copy of first publishing (1972) and I'm happy for it!











0 Comments
Leave a comment