A month ago I, like a thousands of short films fans around the whole planet, went to take a part in a super global 'Manhattan Short Film Festival'. I was really exited, because I really like good short films, especially on the wide screen.
After 10 short films, the best of the festival I could say that it was: ok. Not good, not fabulous, spectacular, awesome etc. Just - ok. And it doesn't mean, that I didn't enjoyed it, I did actually, but I was expecting something much-much bigger. The films were nice, some of them interesting or sweet, but come on! How could short films like those be the best?!
After a day of thinking, I even decided to not write about the MSFF. Until last Thursday, when I understood, that sometimes local short film festivals are in thousands times better, than the global ones.
On Thursday I spent a fabulous 2 hours watching Irish short films (Irish English accent is insane!!:). Best 10 short films of the last few years were prepared by great guys from Wiz-Art. Wiz-Art is a gang of super enthusiastic, creative and brave people, who are making something big and good here. Every Summer in my hometown we have a Wiz-Art Short Film Festival, but during the year - the gang are making some film screening, mostly based on films from one country or region.
Every time I'm really surprised how spectacular Wiz-Art works. I was sitting, watching films from the green Ireland and thinking: how could it be, that I enjoyed 9 films from 10 on the Irish evening and hardly can say what film I really liked for 100% from the Manhattan program. What was wrong with it? Films? Judges? Or maybe just a title of the festival? If you want to make it global, if festival has such a huge name like Manhattan Short Film Festival - you cannot make such a poor program. Because what's the point in 'loud' posters and ads than?
There's no right answer. But I think, that the local festivals are concentrated on the actual meaning, the main idea. And global ones - trying to choose the most acceptable films for everyone. And because of this all coziness and warmness dies.
And what do you think about it? I believe that a lot of people had visited Manhattan Short Film Festival... Do you remember your favorite film? Did you like it in general?
As a bonus, after my reflections, here's few short films from my Thursday evening. I hope you'll like it, just like I do:)
'Fear of Flying' is my favorite!!:))
And this one is also funny and good:)



5 Comments
I also liked almost all of Irish short films! It was amazing! :)
ReplyDeleteOh yes:) And I didn't expected so many people on Thursday evening!
DeleteI didn't like only the 'Anti-love pill', the rest were great:)
Hello all! Guys, would u be so kind to let me know where can I find the last ( I guess) short film about the boy who felt in love with his teacher. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteHi, dear anonymous:)) The film about theat kid is the last one in my post:)
DeleteOr you can watch it directly on the YouTube http://goo.gl/64c0x4
THAAAAAAAAANKS! Unforgettable short film!
ReplyDeleteLeave a comment