My German Summer: Treasures

One of the best decisions of the year was taking a half-empty suitcase on my German trip. First of all my bf showed me Flohmarkt (flea market), also mouthwatering bookstores and because of having gorgeous friends - I got some presents. 
Some part of everything I bought I decided to show here. 
And yes! I've got my very own poster of 'Moonrise Kingdom'. I got it completely for free on Flohmarkt and I guess I already know the place, where this poster should be:)
Postcards are also from the same place, unpacked and produced by Ikea. 


'Lucky Strike' Mad Men style cigarette case I got as a present. It's impossible to quit smoking with a box like this and it's very easy to start smoking having case like this:) Love it!


Another gift - vintage notebook, looking like from all my dreams at the same time. But of course, I will never-ever write there (I think). Beautiful things like this created to be sensitively touched again and again, But writing?! Only if you studied calligraphy for many years.




If you ask me about my favorite publishers, 'Taschen' will be in top-3. They're making incredibly gorgeous and different books. 
Why I bought one about Havana? Especially, when this format (the book is quite big) fits hardly in luggage?! Anthony Bourdain, my fave chef, and traveler, once made a beautiful episode about Havana. And I fell in love with it even through the screen. 
This book would definitely look perfect on a coffee table (just like someone in comments on Amazon said), light and easy text, great photos...Oh, Havana!
And those little squares below are stands for the cups. Six months with pretty women, who look like from Alphonse Mucha posters. Those are for my mom.


Plates for the wall. Don't know how old are they and where they were produced. Adorable birds and they will live in a kitchen.


Plate, which I'm using now to keep my earings there.


Metal little kitten box for keeping secrets inside.


One more book, about Antonio Gaudi, not just a majestic architect, but I guy with an unbelievably interesting mind. Also, Taschen, bought on Flohmarkt for so little money, that's it's even funny to name the price.



That's it!:)

Post a Comment

3 Comments

  1. Gorgeous finds. I love travel souvenirs that are completely random and I will use all the time. A constant reminder of my fun times.
    xx, Jodi
    http://highheelsandtutus.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9/22/2014

    you're little hunter☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment