Back!

Hi everyone! Films & Pies are back on the road after a nice vacations:) I feel good, full of ideas and enthusiasm, feel "fresh" and very, very peaceful. But about my small and cozy trip we'll talk in some future posts (spoiler: I'll show you the beauty and horror of  a Greek film, for example:), and now I want to say few words about "The Bling Ring"(2013) by Sophia Coppola.


The last Sophia Coppola's film was sooo good advertised, that I have memorized all main characters, before the film was even released. I think all are familiar with the animated gif (especially men;) with Emma Watson dancing in the club. 
Have to say that I find Sophia's "The Virgin Suicides", "Marrie Antoinette" and "Lost in Translation" very and very sweet: I like the picture, the cast, dialogues, script, music ("Playground Love" from the Air appears in my playlist from time to time). "The Bling Ring" is totally and absolutely different. In two words about the film: if you're older, than 15 - don't even watch it. 
It was another 90 minutes of wasted time. It's not funny, there's no play, there's zero of normal dialogues, few very strange scenes etc. The biggest question for me is: how the article about teens, who are rubbing celebrities houses can be more interesting, then the film about it?! 
I don't get why everyone perceive Emma Watson like some spectacular actress. For me - Emma Watson is just... Emma Watson in every single film. Taissa Farmiga? I can see her only in the "American Horror Story".  All I can say: it's a poor film about rich life of teens. And this film can be only accepted by teens, who are also dream about to get into Paris Hilton's house and steal one of her thousands shoes, bags (little dogs?!) etc. and simulate a glamorous life.
I give to it 4/10. 

Post a Comment

0 Comments