Peaky Blinders (2013, TV Series)


The 'Peaky Blinders' (available on iTunes) is a British drama series, about the gangster gang in Birmingham. It's 1920's on the streets, Thomas Shelby, the leader of the criminal organisation named 'Peaky Blinders', controls the whole Birmingham...


Men would love (and I'm sure they do:) this series. Every episode smells whiskey, tobacco, blood and sweat. You can see bloody fists here more often than anything else.
And I do love it.



I love this absolutely stunning atmosphere of post-war Britain in the 'Peaky Blinders'. I like the hair-cuts, overcoats,  white shirts and of course - the peaky caps.


I believe, that the series are good only when the secondary characters are 'written' good. When you can tell something about them. Because it's not sooo hard to make the primary characters 'shine', especially when usually they are quite typical in every category of series (good or bad brave hero, attractive and dangerous woman, one guy that will die in the end of season/mid season/end of series etc.).




This color filter in the series also attracts me. Somehow this is a good tradition to make films or series about 20's - 40's with this blown-green filter. I cannot imagine those times in regular life colors (just like it's hard to imagine Charlie Chaplin's films in color), and somehow, for me, it makes a very special feeling about the past.




Beautiful, beautiful scenes. I can watch this scene with a horse for many times.




I left my comment about Cillian Murphy on a dessert. First of all - he's on of my fav actors ever. He has such an unusual beauty, very specific and absolutely mysterious. Second of all - Murphy is a bad guy, gangster, soldier and criminal in the 'Peaky Blinders' and for me it's not typical to see him like this.


And the last thing, that I would like to say like a huge compliment for a 'Peaky Blinders', is about a music in the series. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, The White Stripes, Tom Waits and more. It's a pure beauty.



And what do you think? Have you seen it yet? Can you say that the 'Peaky Blinders' is a British version of 'The Boardwalk Empire'? Hm?:)


It's already four episodes available to watch. And it's only two left. So catch up! 
Highly recommend to watch.

Cheers!:)


Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. Anonymous10/15/2014

    I'm deeply in love with this amazing series!
    PEAKY BLINDERS will stay with me as one of my all time favorites (as RIPPER STREET).

    I was hooked from the first minute on. The atmosphere strikes directly into my heart.
    The story is exciting, brutal, cinematographic, sexy - gripping! The music is beautifully added.

    The actors are outstanding! You want to be a member of Tommy's (Cillian Murphy) gang. Cillian Murphy pulls the brutal but vulnerable gang leader off! It seems as Thomas Shelby was made for him. All cast and crew members did a fantastic job. You care for them. And you really want to know where their characters will go.

    PEAKY BLINDERS ticks all the boxes for me! Like RIPPER STREET (also from Tiger Aspect) it's TV for adults. It's ambitious, big story telling in every way! A must watch! Unmissable!

    Thanks for the balls ;-) everyone involved showed in making a unique piece of extraordinary brilliant TV!!!
    I love it!

    Hopefully BBC Two will show common sense and give us series 3! These stories need to be told!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment