Prozac Nation (2001)


I have no idea, how could I miss out 'Prozac Nation', directed by Erik Skjoldbjaerg! Sometimes I'm really surprised how many good films are still 'out there' for me. Anyway, I find my missing out good, because usually I spend a lot of time searching for something really valuable to watch.
But this is not the main topic of this post, we all came here to read about how Christina Ricci got depressed.




'Prozac Nation' is based on the autobiography, written by Elizabeth Wurtzel.
Young and talented Lizzie, has a gift of writing articles. Sometimes she use typewrites, sometimes - cigarette pack  for her sketches. After the 'Rolling Stone' award, Lizzy looses her lightness of writing and fells into a major depression...
The film is about Wurtzel's difficult lifetime, her trials to be ok and her relationships with other people.



It's a good film. Definitely recommend to watch. Christina Ricci gives a gorgeous play, maybe the best one in her carrier. I cannot imagine someone, who could do this better.

'Prozac Nation' shows us..

...sex, drugs...

...and Lou Reed.


It's about desperation and this imaginary...capsule, in which we all live from time to time.


Look who's here! Young and red head Michelle Williams.



And Lizzie's mother is...


...our lovable and outstanding as always Jessica Lange (about Jessica I wrote few words here)


Will I be ok, doctor?






Young and depressed scares. In past I imagined  depression like this: Virginia Wolf having a cigarette and a glass of something strong with Hemingway. But I know, that depression loves young and fresh now. Her tastes been changed and there's nothing we can do with it.



8/10

Post a Comment

5 Comments

  1. Hello! I just thought I'd let you know that I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award - you can read about the details on my blog:
    http://kateshortt.blogspot.co.uk/
    :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kate! That is so sweet:)) Thank you! I really appreciate this:)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I've seen this available on netflix- I've read about 100 pages of the book, and I kind of hated it- the author is so whiny and romanticizing about herself, but she hates the film apparently so, maybe I will like it better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....and I guess Lizzy is a bit pretentious:) And in the movie she's also romanticizing herself (you picked a very good word!). Maybe if Lizzie's role was given to someone else - I would say 'omg, woman! Stop acting like that!', but Ricci is perfect. And it's a pity, that there's not many good films with her nowadays...

      Delete
  4. I recently read the book and saw the movie. My mom found it on a movie channel she gets on cable. I loved both and bought a used DVD of the movie from Amazon.

    I had to read the book because I have been on Prozac since last summer. I then got the idea to write my own memoir. For a while, I felt my own story was too similar to that of Elizabeth Wurtzel, but everyone I know convinced my my story is different. I have been working it since last month. You can see details at my blog: jannghi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment