The One I Love (2014)

23:22


Last week went under a 'boring-to-death-films' flag. My best friend and I usually like to watch films at the same time, even if we're far away from each other. And because I was sick a bit, there was more time to catch up and finally watch everything I missed out. It was a pure horror, one old school film (3 h o u r s of pure boredom), one Spanish, but pretty stupid, one B-class thriller (what could be worst?!), one movie about how Jason Schwartzman behaving like a douche bag and doing nothing, two Oscar-winning films...Endless river called Boredom. And then, suddenly 'The One I Love'. Wow. 
If you're seeking for an advised, great film - here it is. But please do me a favour: don't read the plot anywhere and beware to watch trailer. Otherwise you might have false impression (yes, I think trailers are harmful for viewers).


There is no perfect couples on Earth. Anywhere. Everything what is going on between two - stays between two, good or bad things, but never perfect. Being in relationships it's like be a part of one melody, but each of partners play their own music sheets. So what if their partitures are from completely different melodies?


A couple understands, that their relationships need a little repair, something new, something what could make them feel close again. That is why their therapist (Ted Danson) sends them to a lovely, beautiful place, with a big house, lots of trees and flowers around and a guest house as well. They suppose to discover each other again and bring their feelings to life again. But, then, dear reader, something really strange is going to happen...  



I know what thing makes good movies actually really good. No, it's not a cast, it's not a director, it's not a soundtrack or something else. It's an intrigue. Freshness. I get goose skin when I watch a film and have no idea, what is going to be next. When all my guessing fails, when I don't check messengers, social media etc. Curiosity always wins, because intrigue plays the 'first violin'.


'The One I Love' is based on a great performance of two actors: Elizabeth Moss and Mark Duplass. I have never seen them playing so good. And because of intriguing scenario - that fact that there's literally only two characters in a film makes everything even more beautiful, and made me even more curious.


'The One I Love' is a blend of a mystery, light thriller, breathtaking drama and kind of relationships manual. Perfect combination.



Personally for me 'The One I Love' is one more proof, that in the end we all get what we wanted and what we deserve.


Brilliant, fresh, clever.
Totally adding to my favourite.
And highly recommend to watch.


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I've been debating whether to watch this for a while as I know nothing about it but love Elizabeth Moss and Mark Duplass and this is all the persuasion I need. I completely agree with you about the 'intrigue factor' too, it's so rare to find a film like that. Thanks for the recommendation! (Also, Ted Danson's in it?! Even better...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm so tired from cliches in movies. You know, that feeling 'I've-seen-this-before' comes more and more often to me. That is why I'm watching really old and forgotten films from time to time. But I think that's fine:) Sometimes its necessary to dig into trash to find something really great.
      Ted Danson has his 5 minutes of glory in 'The One I Love', but I was happy to see him, even shortly.
      I hope that you'll like the movie!

      Delete

Leave a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook