The Great Beauty (La Grande Bellezza, 2013)


I have no idea how should I write good and in the right way about this film. This is the case, when emotions, your personal feelings prevail over a cold view.
'La Grande Bellezza' is about a 65 years old man, writer and a very charismatic person, representative of bohemia, who suddenly understood, that he's on a wrong places, doing things that definitely cannot make him happy.



Sorrentino's 'The Great Beauty' is like a fresh air in an awfully hot day. It's a appeal place from your night dreams. It's like a picture from your painful and sweet nostalgia.
'La Grande Bellezza' is about the inner youth, about absurd around us, about simple hopes and great fears.




I really adore how ironically the modern values, art perception are shown. Dialogues are written finely, with humor, bitter and wisdom.




This film is about...naturalness. Naturalness, which is lost and naturalness, which is still hiding in feelings.
It's about observing and searching of the great beauty in everything and everywhere.



I love every single scene in 'The Great Beauty'. The visual part of the film, just like the rest, is made perfectly. This film worth to watch again and again, just even because of aesthetic pleasure. It's made with love, style and clear understanding of how light moments should be shown.



'The Great Beauty' is a light film, which calls a lot of thoughts, a lot of feelings, so needed sometimes.


I strongly recommend this film.
10/10

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. Sounds like a good film! Exploring the idea of beauty, sounds like a winner to me too! I've nominated you for the Liebster Award, check out what you have to do to accept it at http://fearlessnfabulous.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/the-liebster-award-x2-foodorgies-belly.html and let me know once your post is up so I can come and check it out :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you very much! I really appreciate it:)
      As for the film.. For me 'The Grand Beauty' is a VERY nice film, but I've heard very different impressions from it.. Would be interesting to hear your opinion:)

      Delete

Leave a comment